The world of aesthetic procedures is ever evolving and offering new treatment options. The latest product to be introduced is Kybella, which is offered at the Langsdon Clinic and is a great option for those wanting to enhance their profile and get rid of fullness beneath the chin. This fullness as also known as a ‘double chin’. The Langsdon Clinic offers double chin surgery as well as Kybella, which is the first FDA approved injectable to treat fat beneath the chin.
If you have tried diet and exercise, but still have submental fullness, Kybella could be a great treatment option. Although there are conditions that Kybella cannot rectify, such as a weak chin, sagging skin, droopy muscles and structural issues, Kybella can reduce some of the fat cells. It is injected to the fat beneath the chin and destroys the fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat. Kybella is an in office treatment and the injection may take 15-20 minutes. Most patients will need more than on treatment session. There is little downtime with the injection but the most common side effects are swelling, bruising and temporary numbness. After treatment, a cold pack can be applied to help reduce any discomfort.
Be sure to schedule a consultation with a reputable provider like the Langsdon Clinic that understands all the conditions that cause a double chin and can provide you an opinion, based upon that broad experience of the other double chin issues….prior to your Kybella injection.
Here are some questions to ask during your consultation:
- Is my double chin caused only by fat?
- Is my double chin caused by my hyoid bone position?
- Is my double chin caused by sagging muscles/skin?
- Is my double chin caused by a weak chin?
- Am I a candidate for Kybella?
- How many treatment sessions will I need?
- What kind of post care will I need?
- When should I schedule my next injection?
- How much does Kybella cost?
- Do you offer all treatment options for a double chin? Or only Kybella?
- How much does Kybella cost as compared to out-patient removal of the fat pad?
- How does the recovery to Kybella compare to out-patient removal of the fat pad?
Before & After
View a few before and after photos with Kybella!