Surgeons specialize in a variety of different fields. Some treat all body areas while others specialize in a particular region of the body. Cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons can also train in different sub specialty areas and sometimes become specialized in focused areas of expertise. No single specialty or certifying board can ethically claim exclusivity for surgical competence. Dr. Langsdon’s education, interest, and expertise are focused on FACIAL PLASTIC SURGERY. His practice is sub specialized in plastic surgery of the nose, face, eyelids, ears, head, and neck (facial region).
Here are some definitions to help you understand the difference between surgeons and some relative terms:
- Facial Plastic Surgeon: A specialist whose practice is cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the facial region (face, nose, eyes, ears, head, and neck).
- Plastic Surgeon: A specialist who practices in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery of the entire body (breasts, abdomen, extremities, face, ect.).
- Board Certified Surgeon: One who has completed an accredited residency or specialty training program and has passed a comprehensive examination in his/her field of study.
- Reconstructive Surgery: Surgery designed to improve function or restore a deformity toward a more normal state.
- Cosmetic (Aesthetic) Surgery: Surgery designed to enhance appearance. Many doctors use the term “cosmetic” or “aesthetic” interchangeably with the term “plastic”.
Dr. Langsdon is Board Certified in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery.
The Langsdon Clinic, Memphis Tennessee’s premier surgical facility, invites you to contact our office to discuss your needs.