Summer is here and the heat is on! If you plan on heading to the beach or simply spending time outdoors, be sure to apply sunscreen. Here are some recommendations when spending long periods of time in the sun.
- Apply sunscreen 20-30 minutes prior to sun exposure
- Reapply every couple of hours
- Try to avoid sun exposure during peak hours of the day from 11:00am-2:00pm
- Do apply sunscreen from head to toe
- Hats and UV clothing offer protection from the sun
These simple steps can help keep skin protected and from aging faster. Sunscreen should be a part of your daily skin care routine even on a cloudy day.