More and more, when you wake up in the morning and look in the mirror, you find yourself becoming increasingly dismayed by the tired face staring back at you. With those deep lines and wrinkles, sagging skin, fat deposits, and facial hollows starting to attract comments from friends and family, you wish there was a way you could look and feel more youthful and invigorated.
Well, there are, as you’ll discover as you keep reading to discover more about all the facts about reversing the signs of aging from Dr. Phillip Langsdon, an award-winning and highly respected facial plastic surgeon who is considered by many to be the best facelift surgeon in America.
1. Aging continues throughout your life and, while surgery cannot stop the aging process, it can temporarily reverse the accumulated signs of the aging process. With the excess skin and fat removed during surgery being discarded, any sagging or bagging remaining results from the natural aging process, fat herniation or accumulation, and the loss of tissue elasticity.
2. To support the results of facial plastic surgery, additional procedures are sometimes needed. For instance, eyebrow lift surgery may be performed to correct severe brow droop and support the improvements brought about by eyelid surgery.
3. Specific surgical procedures are used to treat specific concerns. For example, while upper eyelid surgery can help reduce the excess skin and fat of the upper eyelid, it cannot correct brow sagging, ongoing aging, or wrinkle formation. An eyebrow lift, additional eyelid tucks, or skin exfoliation may help with these concerns.
4. Mini-facelift procedures such as The Langsdon Daylift are not as extensive as other forms of facelift and cannot be expected to achieve the same results. Likewise, a lower facelift, designed to improve sagging jowls and neck tissues, will not raise the forehead or high cheek area, and it will not flatten smile lines. Dr. Langsdon may suggest a forehead lift, high cheek lift, injectable fillers, or other procedures to help with these concerns. The lower facelift, eyelid surgery, or forehead lift will not remove wrinkles. In contrast, laser skin resurfacing, a facial chemical peel or skin exfoliation, and rejuvenation could be considered to address any wrinkling and loss of elasticity.
5. Facelift, eyelid surgery, and forehead or eyebrow surgery cannot add volume to the face. Cosmetic injectable fillers may be suggested for the:
6. Facelift surgery can often produce very pleasing results in the jowl and neck, but the results may be somewhat limited in those patients with heavy (or fat) tissues.
7. In addition to the traditional facelift and mid-facelift in Germantown, Tennessee, Dr. Phillip Langsdon, the best rhinoplasty and facelift surgeon in America, also has the expertise and considerable skill necessary to perform a deep plane facelift which keeps the skin and underlying tissues in alignment with each other.
8. When it comes to aging, thanks to our inheritance, we all possess a degree of genetic potential. However, there is growing evidence that the way we age is not a certainty, and the process might be delayed by factors such as the lifestyle choices we make. Proper nutrition with limited refined carbohydrate intake, vitamin supplementation, exercise, rest, stress reduction, and hormone restoration may influence the aging process. Our health and aging are also affected by avoiding injury and disease, sun exposure, tobacco use, excessive alcohol intake, and drug use.
9. Different plastic surgeons use different surgical techniques to deliver the best outcomes to their patients. At The Langsdon Clinic in Germantown, TN, we use techniques that produce stunning results that appear completely natural.
There’s Never Been a Better Time to Reverse the Signs of Aging
For more information about reversing your signs of aging in or around Germantown, TN, and near the Memphis International Airport, please contact us by calling 888-816-FACE (3223) or 901-755-6465, or by sending us a message on our website. We look forward to helping you discover the excellent results made possible by facial rejuvenation!